Boost Mobile is a wireless services provider in the United States that operates as a Mobile Virtual Network Operator. Therefore, the carrier does not have its own network towers and relies on other providers to offer its services. Boost Mobile is owned by Dish Wireless and uses T-Mobile’s GSM network for operation. The carrier offers various services to its customers, including phone unlock. In this article, we will guide you on how to unlock a Boost Mobile phone yourself for free.
Despite being an MVNO, it has many customers as its services are affordable. You will get quality cell phone plans and deals if you are a new or existing customer. Again, for any interested customer, switching to Boost Mobile is relatively easy. You can join with your current phone and evade the cost of buying a new device, or you can opt to purchase a new one. The carrier has various phones that you can check on its website.
Unlocking a phone comes with various associated benefits, as explained below. Additionally, Boost Mobile offers phone replacement if your phone gets lost or stolen. You can also upgrade your device, if necessary, with Boost Mobile. Therefore, this carrier avails anything you may be looking for in an MVNO. The carrier offers free phones for new customers who switch to the network. Let’s understand how you can unlock your device with this carrier’s network for free.
Boost Mobile unlocked phone
A Boost Mobile unlocked phone is not tied to any one carrier. This one show that it can work on any other carrier’s network. Unlocking your phone allows you to use another carrier’s SIM card to connect to a different foreign or domestic network. Notably, all Boost Mobile devices operate using the GSM network. It is preferable to unlock it to make it compatible with various other carriers.
The benefits of unlocking your Boost Mobile phone are:
- You acquire the ability to change service providers, giving you access to better pricing and services. In this era of competitive carriers, you stand to gain a lot from the ability to switch networks.
- You avoid high roaming charges when traveling internationally. Remember, you can buy cheaper local SIM cards after unlocking your phone.
- You can extend the functionality of your phone without compromising its warranty.
- If you want to sell your phone at a maximum cost, you need to unlock it. Phones that are unlocked are more expensive than locked ones.
Boost Mobile phone unlock policy
Before you think of unlocking your Boost Mobile phone, ensure that:
- The phone must be eligible to be unlocked.
- The Boost account associated with the phone being unlocked must not have an adverse payment history.
- The device must not be reported as lost, stolen, or deactivated.
- The phone must have been on the Boost Mobile network for 12 months.
- Since the carrier cannot unlock other carrier locks, the device must be acquired from Boost Mobile.
- All payments must be made within three months before requesting an unlock.
If you’re a military member, Boost Mobile will unlock your phone if you provide deployment documentation. The minimum time you must use your phone with Boost is the sole eligibility condition you do not need to meet. Each military account number can unlock up to two devices per year.
The reliable ways to unlock a boost mobile phone yourself free
If you wish to unlock your Boost Mobile phone by yourself at zero cost, you can only use third-party unlocking tools. They will give you the unlocking codes that you will enter into your phone, and you will have unlocked it. However, it depends on your device’s make and model. These sites include Unlockitfree, mainly preferred, Nokia Free, and Trycktill.
To unlock using Unlockitfree, you need to:
- Get your phone’s IMEI number to use with this website. You can find your phone’s IMEI from the settings, at the back of your phone’s battery, or by dialing *#06#.
- Go to the Unlockitfree website and enter the model number you have. After that, click “Find.”
- Enter the IMEI number and your country of origin when asked to do so. Choose Boost as your phone provider and then select “Generate.”
- Various unlocking codes will be displayed. Pick and type one of the codes there and click “Enter.” After that, restart your phone and check if it is unlocked. If that code does not work, pick another code and try it.
To use the Trycktill, you will:
- Visit the Trycktill site if you have an LG, AEG, Maxon, Nokia, Panasonic, Siemens, or Vitel, among other brands.
- After that, you should complete the remaining fields and accept the terms and conditions. Wait for the “Generate Code” screen to appear with possible codes. Follow the instructions for your phone model.
- Restart your phone and check if it has been unlocked.
To use the Nokia-free, you have to be unlocking a Boost Mobile Nokia device. You should install the application on your phone. It also uses the IMEI number. After having the app, you should:
- Launch the application and enter your device’s IMEI number, make and model, and country of origin as prompted. After that, choose Boost Mobile as your service provider.
- Select “calculate,” and an unlock code will appear shortly with on-screen guidelines.
- Enter the code into your phone and restart it.
How can you unlock your phone from Boost Mobile?
You can also contact Boost Mobile customer service at 1-833-502-6678 for free. Here, you must provide the details the attendant will ask you. After that, ask for the unlock code. The unlocking process usually takes a few days to complete. The unlock code will be emailed to you, and you should enter it according to the support team’s guidelines.
You should keep your SIM card in your phone until the process is over. The unlock request will fail if you eject or replace the SIM card. Again, you should turn on and connect your phone to the Boost Mobile network or a Wi-Fi connection throughout the whole unlocking process. Notably, if you purchased your device from another party apart from Boost Mobile, the unlocking process will be slightly different as the carrier will require some extra steps.
How will you know if your phone is unlocked?
If you cannot confirm that your phone has been unlocked, you should first contact Boost Mobile. Customer service at Boost Mobile will be able to go over your account and tell you whether or not your device has been unlocked. Another approach is to use a different carrier’s SIM card. If your SIM card is the correct size, this method should reveal whether or not your device has been unlocked.
The name of your new carrier should appear on the screen of your device once you insert the SIM card, showing that your phone has been unlocked and that you are now on the new network. If the results aren’t immediately apparent, turning off and on the phone might also assist. A phone will commonly recognize a new network after a restart.
How does Boost Mobile phone replacement work?
The carrier helps you get a new Boost Mobile replacement phone if yours get stolen or lost. You are required to report immediately via customer service. You are usually given 60 days to replace the phone after reporting. Your phone will be replaced only if it has a basic warranty or if you had insured it using the Boost Shield. You have to file a claim for the Boost Shield and pay a deductible depending on your device.
What phones are compatible with Boost Mobile
Since Boost Mobile is a GSM carrier, any phone compatible with GSN technology can operate well with this carrier’s network. Notably, most phone companies and providers worldwide use the GSM network. Therefore, almost all the latest iPhones and Android phones are compatible with Boost Mobile. For older models, it is advisable to confirm compatibility before using it with the Boost Mobile network, especially for new customers. This process can be carried out online using the carrier’s compatibility checker.
For new customers willing to join Boost Mobile, it is a requirement for your phone to be eligible to operate with Boost Mobile. The eligibility standards involve being compatible and then being an unlocked GSM device. After that, you can purchase a SIM card, insert it into your phone, select your preferred phone plan, and then activate your device.
Boost Mobile is a well-known Mobile Virtual Network Operator in the US, owned by Dish Wireless. The carrier uses T-Mobile’s GSM network to offer affordable services to its customers, including phone plans and deals. You require a compatible device with the carrier’s network to enjoy these services. However, if you wish to unlock your Boost Mobile phone, you can do it yourself for free, as explained in this article.
- Boost Mobile unlocked phone
- Boost Mobile phone unlock policy
- The reliable ways to unlock a boost mobile phone yourself free
- How can you unlock your phone from Boost Mobile?
- How will you know if your phone is unlocked?
- How does Boost Mobile phone replacement work?
- What phones are compatible with Boost Mobile
- Bottom line