Tello Mobile is a US-based no-contract Mobile Virtual Network Operator. The MVNO is well known for its flexible and user-friendly services. In addition, it provides cheap plans, reliable nationwide coverage, a small selection of cell phones, and a BYOP program. With BYOP, customers can subscribe to Tello’s services with the mobile devices they already own and love. This article will focus on Tello Compatible phones and other essential information you need to know about this cheap wireless provider.
Tello, the latest entry in the ever-growing market of low-cost carriers, is gradually gaining speed to become the best flexible monthly service provider. It has some great plans for the T-Mobile network. The Tello plans on Tello-compatible phones are all prepaid, which means they have the best cell phone deals No contract in the market.
You will not pay any early termination fees and zero activation fees for subscribing to Tello’s service on Tello-compatible phones. Most Americans find Tello’s plans quite fascinating, but it is also vital to check if the mobile device you own is compatible with Tello’s prepaid plans.
The Tello-compatible phones will operate using T-Mobile’s network while on the MVNO. Notably, the speed can be 4G LTE, but after depletion of the data allocated, the speed would unluckily come down to 64 kbps. It is therefore recommended before making any step further, you must know which phones are compatible with Tello.
Therefore, you should first go through the list of Tello-compatible phones in this article and then see if your cell phone is compatible with the Tello network.
Ways to check your phone compatibility with Tello Network
The most straightforward and reliable method to check if your mobile phone is compatible with Tello Mobile is checking the compatibility on Tello’s official website. You need to follow the steps below to know if your phone is compatible with Tello’s network;
- Visit Tello Mobile’s official website, where you will see a search box
- Enter your device’s IMEI or ESN number in the search box and tap ‘Check.’
- If you don’t know your device’s IMEI or ESN code, you can get it by dialing *#06#.
- When you enter the IMEI or ESN number and tap check, Tello will let you know if your device is compatible with their services.
What types of phones are compatible with Tello Mobile’s network
You will find that the following types of phones below are compatible with Tello’s network, and you can bring them to Tello.
- Any GSM mobile phone free of contract and VoLTE compatible will work with Tello’s network.
- All mobile devices purchased directly from Tello are compatible with Tello’s services. You can select a high-quality device from various reputable brands.
- Other unlocked Android and Apple phones may also be compatible with Tello, including iPhone models from 6 to SE and Nexus 5 to 6P.
It is always good to check your phone compatibility with Tello’s compatibility checker to be sure that the phone will work with their services. Read our past article to know which carriers have a free iPhone when you switch to their networks.
The best Tello Mobile Compatible phones
Initially, Tello’s compatible phone list was minimal, but with the complete transition to T-Mobile, more phones are compatible with Tello’s network. Below, you can discover the list of undoubtedly compatible phones with Tello Mobile as the MVNO sells them.
Tello Compatible iPhone list
- Apple iPhone 12 mini
- Apple iPhone 7
Tello Compatible Android phones list
- Motorola Moto E 2020
- LG Tribute Monarch
- LG K51
- Samsung Galaxy A10e
- LG Stylo 5
- Motorola G Play
- LG Stylo 6
- Samsung Galaxy A20
- Samsung Galaxy A50
- Motorola G Power 2021
- Google Pixel 4 XL
- Google Pixel 4
- Wiko Ride 2
- Huawei P10
- Google Pixel 2
- Google Pixel 2 XL
- Samsung GalaxyA12
You should note the following about the Tello Compatible phones;
i) Great best deals on cell phones right now, ranging from basic phones to high-end smartphones;
- New Motorola Moto G Play for $10 off
- Save $40 for a new Google Pixel 4 XL
- $10 off for the Samsung Galaxy A12 phone
- $20 off for certified refurbished Grade A LG K51
- $30 off for certified refurbished Grade A LG Stylo 6
ii) FREE SIM included with a 100% Tello compatible phone purchase.
iii) You receive free standard shipping, and 30 days return policy with no additional charges.
vi) Select between a brand-new phone and a certified refurbished grade A device in near-new condition.
v) They value uniqueness: no predefined phone plans and no phone & plan mix.
vi) Find excellent phones for every budget & want. Tello has low-cost handsets for seniors, reliable devices for your kid’s first phone, and flagship smartphones for techies.
Tello cell phone plans and Pricing
Tello Mobile is well known for offering a wide variety of very flexible plans, allowing consumers to select the plan that best fits their needs. You can choose one of Tello’s ready-made plans or build your own plan.
i) Ready-Made plans
- Economy Plan which has unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, and 1 GB of data. The plan costs $7.5/month for the first six months and $10/month afterward.
- Value Plan which has unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, and 2 GB of data. The plan costs $10.5/month for the first six months and $14/month afterward.
- Smart Plan which has unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, and 4 GB of data. The plan costs $14.3/month for the first six months and $19/month afterward.
- Data Plan which has unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, and unlimited data. The plan costs $29.3/month for the first six months and $39/month afterward.
ii) Build your own plan
The ‘build your own plan’ option allows Tello customers to choose between two categories: the amount of data and the number of minutes plus texts.
- For data, you can choose either one of the following options: no data, 500 MB, 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB, 6 GB, 8 GB, or unlimited data.
- For minutes and texts, you can choose from the following options: no minutes, 100 minutes plus free text, 300 minutes plus free text, 500 minutes plus free text, or unlimited minutes and free texts.
Please read our article on the best deals on cell phone plans if you need information.
Tello Mobile Bring Your Own Phone
It is simple to bring your own phone to Tello Mobile. To do so, you must follow the easy steps below.
- 1st Step: Check your phone’s compatibility at their website by entering its IMEI or ESN number.
- 2nd Step: Follow the prompts once you have entered your IMEI or ESN number.
- 3rd Step: Purchase a Tello SIM kit.
- 4th Step: Once you receive your Tello SIM kit, turn off your phone and carefully insert the SIM card.
- 5th Step: Activate your Tello service.
Best ways to activate a new Tello Compatible phone
If you have purchased a new Tello phone, follow these steps:
- When your phone package arrives, unpack the phone and charge it fully. Don’t turn it on.
- Log into your online Tello account.
- Enter the required data and follow the prompts. The 14 or 15-digit activation code required is printed on the phone box.
- Once the activation process is finished (it can take up to 20 minutes), wait for five more minutes, and then turn your fully charged phone on.
- Follow any provided on-screen prompts, and the phone should automatically connect to Tello. If the phone does not activate automatically, wait 30 minutes, restart your phone, and try again. You can also try activating the phone manually by following the steps provided in the FAQ section.
- After activating your Tello service, you can port in your old phone number by submitting a port-in on this web page.
Where can you purchase your Tello Compatible Phone
You can buy a Tello Mobile phone on Tello’s official website. All the offered phones are Tello GSM compatible, unlocked, and ready to be activated. Choose the phone you like best, put it in the shopping cart, and go to check out. At the checkout page, make sure to press ‘Buy SIM,’ as this will add a 100% discounted SIM card to your cart.
After placing the order, your phone and SIM card will arrive in a few days (depending on availability and your address), and it will come with the battery and the charger. The manual or guide will not be included, as you can find the phone manual in your online account.
The above-listed are some of the best Tello-compatible phones. To know more about Tello-compatible phones, you can visit the Tello official website and check if your existing phone is compatible or if you need to purchase a new one. Get yourself updated to get the best affordable available plans from Tello Mobile. You can either have ready-made plans or build your own plan.
- Ways to check your phone compatibility with Tello Network
- What types of phones are compatible with Tello Mobile’s network
- The best Tello Mobile Compatible phones
- Tello Compatible iPhone list
- Tello Compatible Android phones list
- Tello cell phone plans and Pricing
- i) Ready-Made plans
- ii) Build your own plan
- Tello Mobile Bring Your Own Phone
- Best ways to activate a new Tello Compatible phone
- Where can you purchase your Tello Compatible Phone
- Bottom Line