Metro PCS operates as a Mobile Virtual Network Operator, among the best prepaid wireless service providers in the United States. The MVNO is much more reliable as it is owned by T-Mobile, a primary network provider in the country. Its customers choose the carrier as it offers various cell phone plans and deals at lower prices. This article focuses on Metro PCS deals for new customers who join the network, among other related facets.
Interested customers in a carrier mainly check on the various deals that it is offering. This one helps them decide whether they will join the network or not. Metro PCS uses its new customer deals to attract such interested customers. Again, its phone plans include limited, unlimited, and family plans, which all are affordable, ensuring that they enjoy thoroughly. You are only required to have a compatible phone with Metro PCS to enjoy these services.
As explained below in this article, Metro PCS has deals involving free phones which its new customers can acquire. The carrier also has a variety of new and quality iPhones and Android devices. Additionally, new customers eligible for the Metro PCS affordable Connectivity program can get a free cell phone plan. Let’s understand more about Metro PCS and its new customer deals.
Does Metro PCS allow new customers to bring their own phones
Most residents usually don’t wish to abandon their current phones when switching to a new network to evade the cost of buying new devices. Metro PCS caters to them as it allows new clients to bring their phones and use them on its network via the BYOP plan. However, the phone must meet the required qualifications to work with the Metro PCS network.
Before joining the Metro PCS network with your current phone, you must ensure that the phone is compatible with the carrier’s network. You can confirm this from the carrier’s online compatibility checker on its website. Also, you should ensure that the phone is unlocked, which means that it should not be tied to your previous carrier or any other carrier. After that, you can purchase a Metro PCS SIM card and choose a plan before proceeding with the activation process.
The best Metro PCS deals for new customers
To attract more new customers, Metro PCS offers various deals which the residents joining the network can enjoy. These deals are available at the carrier’s official website, where you can visit and check out the plans. The best new customer deals include:
i) Free phones when you switch
Metro PCS has a variety of free 5G Android phones after any new customer joins the network. This deal helps them save on the costs involved in buying a new device. However, these free phones are of limited time offer. To get a specific free phone, you must activate a particular monthly plan and port in a qualifying number. You will get an instant rebate on the total phone price and have acquired the phone for free.
These phones include Samsung Galaxy A13 5G, OnePlus Nord 200, Motorola Moto G Stylus, and Nokia X100 when you activate the $40/month limited plan, or TCL 30 XE or the REVVL V+ when you activate the $60/month unlimited plan.
ii) Discounted phones
Metro PCS helps new customers to save when purchasing new devices as they sell iPhones and Android devices at a discount. These phones are all Metro PCS compatible phones and are available on the website (Metro by T-Mobile). The discounted phones include:
- Apple iPhone 13 Mini with $200 off.
- Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max which has a discount of $200.
- Apple iPhone 12 Mini with a $200 discount.
- Apple iPhone 12 with a discount of $200.
- Apple iPhone 11 with $450 off.
- Apple iPhone SE (3rd generation) with a discount of $350.
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G with $260 off.
- Samsung Galaxy A53 5G with a discount of $420.
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G with $500 off.
- Motorola One 5G ace with $260 off.
- OnePlus Nord N10 5G, which has a discount of $260.
iii) Discounted tablets and other devices
Some of the discounted tablets offered by Metro PCS include:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite costs only $99.99 hence saving $100.
- Alcatel JOY TABTM 2, which has a discount of $90.
- Samsung Galaxy Chromebook Go with a discount of $210.
iv) T-Mobile Tuesday
This deal is ideal for customers switching to Metro PCS, where there are exclusive promotions and discounts on Tuesdays. You might gain more data, free coupons, streaming platform discounts, etc. However, the offers are only valid for limited few qualified plans. Visit their website for additional information.
Metro PCS cell phone plan for new customers
The carrier has excellent phone plans that new customers can opt for after joining the network. They are among the Metro PCS deals for existing customers on the carrier’s official website. The plans include limited and unlimited plans as explained below:
1) Limited plans
i) 2GB plan
The plan costs $30/month per line and comes with:
- 2GB of high-speed mobile data
- Unlimited talk and text
- 480p video streaming quality
ii) 10GB plan
This plan costs $40/month for one line, $70/month for two lines, $100/month for three lines, and $130/month for four lines. The plan comprises:
- Unlimited text and talk with 10GB of high-speed data.
- Unlimited music, which is an extra added feature.
2) Unlimited plans
a) Basic unlimited plan
This plan costs $50/month for one line and $80/month for two lines. $110/month for three lines and $140/month for four lines. It includes:
- Unlimited high-speed data.
- Unlimited talk and text
- 5GB hotspot per line
- 100GB Google One storage which is an extra additional feature
b) Better unlimited plan
The plan costs $60/month for one line, $90/month for two lines, $120/month for three lines, and the exact cost for four lines. It also includes:
- Unlimited high-speed data
- Unlimited talk and text
- 15GB mobile hotspot per line
- 100GB Google One storage and Amazon Prime membership. These two are the extra added features of the plan.
You can upgrade your Metro PCS phone plan by either going to a Metro store, dialing *611 on your phone, calling 1-888-8METRO8 (863-8768), or going to your online account.
Metro PCS Affordable Connectivity Program
This program is a federal government initiative that aims at helping eligible low-income individuals. It was launched at Metro PCS on 27 January 27, 2022. For eligibility, you must:
- Have an income that is below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Participate in government assistance programs like SNAP, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline.
- Participate in tribal-specific programs like the Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance and Tribal TANF.
- Have received a federal Pell Grant during the award year.
- Have met the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s established low-income program.
Qualifying individuals or households can get up to a $30/month savings on qualifying rate plans service (up to $75/month if your residence is on qualified Tribal lands). However, only one monthly service is permitted per household.
How do new customers benefit from the Metro PCS ACP
The main benefit that eligible new Metro PCS customers enjoy is the discounted phone plans. This means that a new Metro PCS customer can:
- Acquire unlimited talk and text and 10GB of high-speed smartphone data for just $10 per month.
- Get unlimited call, text, high-speed smartphone data and 5GB of high-speed hotspot data, and 100GB of Google One cloud storage for only $20 per month.
- Have Metro by T-top Mobile’s plan for $30/month, which includes unlimited talk, text, and high-speed smartphone data, as well as 15GB of high-speed hotspot data, 100GB of Google One cloud storage, and an Amazon Prime subscription ($12.99/month value)
Metro PCS is an American prepaid service provider which T-Mobile owns. The carrier uses T-Mobile’s GSM network; hence it is much more reliable. The carrier has several affordable cell phone plans where new customers can visit its website and check them out. Additionally, the carrier has new customer deals like free phones when you switch to the Metro PCS network. These deals mainly attract more customers to the network.
- Does Metro PCS allow new customers to bring their own phones
- The best Metro PCS deals for new customers
- i) Free phones when you switch
- ii) Discounted phones
- iii) Discounted tablets and other devices
- iv) T-Mobile Tuesday
- Metro PCS cell phone plan for new customers
- 1) Limited plans
- i) 2GB plan
- ii) 10GB plan
- 2) Unlimited plans
- a) Basic unlimited plan
- b) Better unlimited plan
- Metro PCS Affordable Connectivity Program
- How do new customers benefit from the Metro PCS ACP
- Bottom line