T-Mobile purchased Metro Pcs years ago and later in 2018 branded Metro. That is why it is usually referred to as Metro by T-Mobile. The MVNO operates as a no-contract or prepaid carrier that runs off T-Mobile’s 4G network. Even if most phone deals are available for new customers or you need to register for the wireless services, they also have Metro Pcs phone deals for existing customers. With Metro Pcs, you can get affordable plans and sign up for a free government phone.
The provider also offers new customers up to $150 off any device as long they switch and register for an Unlimited LTE plan. It implies that you can get phones like Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime, LG Stylo 3Plus, ZTE Blade ZMAX, LG K20, Moto E4, and 32GB iPhone SE. Such phones are free, and Metro Pcs joins other carriers in offering cell phone plans with free devices. You are only required to pay the taxes for each phone.
It is essential to check out all Metro Pcs phones to determine what works best for your needs. There are many Metro Pcs deals and service plans for existing customers for you. For example, if you add another line to your current $60 Unlimited LTE plan, you will get $50 cash back on any smartphone. You can get the same deal if you intend to upgrade your phone as long as you have been with Metro Pcs for at least three months and have intentions to move to the $60 unlimited plan. For phones costing $79 and more, a rebate is available.
Why Metro Pcs as your Service provider
Metro Pcs is a long-standing Mobile Virtual Network operator that runs on the T-Mobile network. Since Metro Pcs merged with T-Mobile in 2012, these are reasons for choosing it;
i) Strong Networks
The provider runs on T-Mobile’s 4G LTE network. The carrier uses bands 4 and 12 for the 4G LTE network. Thus, the bands use 1900, 1700 def, and 700a. If your phone uses 2G or 3G network technology, Metro Pcs mainly use the 1900MHz frequency.
ii) Wide coverage
Metro Pcs runs on the T-Mobile network, ranked as third in nationwide coverage. Metro Pcs coverage also gets distributed with well-distributed T-Mobile network towers in the country.
iii) Numerous retail stores
Metro Pcs has a thousand retail stores countrywide. Purchasing your plan and phone is impossible, thus finding a local retailer is mandatory.
vi) BYOP program
Metro Pcs allows you to bring your own unlocked and compatible GSM phone. Check the phone compatibility and eligibility with Metro Pcs on their website.
v) Unlimited Hotspots
If you are a customer of Metro’s unlimited plan, you can use your phone as a hotspot.
vi) Prepaid Carrier
Metro Pcs offers cell phone deals with no contracts to their existing customers. You can cancel your deal at any time and upgrade to another without paying penalty fees. Thus Metro Pcs is known as flexible MVNO.
What are the Metro Pcs phone deals for their existing customers
The carrier offers affordable phone deals on T-Mobile’s network. They have a wide range of cheap phones for their existing customers. Most of these deals are convenient in-store, but you can always call Metro Pcs customer support to check available deals over the phone. Metro Pcs phone deals for existing customers include;
- The $30 monthly 2GB Metro Pcs plan
- The $40 monthly 10GB Metro Pcs plans
- $50 monthly unlimited Metro Pcs plan
- $60 monthly unlimited Metro Pcs plan
- Metro by T-Mobile $40 monthly 10GB family plan
- The Metro Pcs by T-Mobile $50 monthly unlimited family plan
- Metro Pcs $60 monthly unlimited family plan
- Cheap LG Metro Pcs phone deals
- Cheap Samsung Metro Pcs cell phone deals
What deals does Metro Pcs have right now for existing customers?
There are several best deals on cell phones right now that you can get from Metro Pcs. Some are available on T-Mobile. They include;
- Get up to $300 off one of the following phones; Apple iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max when you trade in an eligible device with over $50 of value.
- Get a new Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 lite tablet for 50% off when adding a tablet line.
- Get a Motorola G stylus and moto one ace with a considerable discount when you trade in an eligible device.
Can Metro Pcs existing customers enjoy T-Mobile Tuesdays?
If you are a T-Mobile, Metro by T-Mobile, or Sprint customer on a qualifying branded monthly rate plan; you can participate in T-Mobile Tuesdays. Customers can claim gift offers every week via the T-Mobile Tuesday’s app, and you may have a gamble to win the prizes. Every week, the offers are available from Tuesday at 5 am ET to Wednesday at 4.59.59 am ET. To be eligible,
- You must be at least 18 years, minors need to be at least 16 years with parental guidance, and customers in Puerto Rico should be at least 21 years.
- You must be a legal resident of any one of the fifty United States, the District of Columbia, the United States Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico.
Sometimes the carrier runs the promotions on Twitter, and it is essential to check the rules for each contest to see added eligibility criteria. Some awesome perks available every week in the Tuesday app include;
- Ad-free radio weekends from Pandora
- 40% off hotels with T-Mobile Travel
- T-Mobile reserved concert crickets
- $0.10 off fuel from Shell
Metro customers can download the T-Mobile Tuesdays app in Google Play or App Store and register with their Metro Pcs phone number. Every Tuesday, you can open the app to see all the great deals available.
Why you should Switch to Metro Pcs and become an existing customer
Switching to Metro Pcs and becoming an existing customer comes with a long list of great benefits:
- With Metro plans, you can also have Amazon Prime and Google One memberships at no extra charge.
- You will get access to T-Mobile’s countrywide 4G LTE network and the ample 5G network,
- As Metro Pcs’s existing customer, you won’t have to worry about overdraft fees and account fees as you will get access to over 55,00 no fees ATMs all across the country.
- You can become a Metro Pcs subscriber without passing a credit check.
- You will get a multilayered scam-blocking protection service known as ScamShield.
- With Metro, you can purchase a new iPhone, or an Android smartphone, or bring your phone.
- Choose from several affordable plans with unlimited text, talk, and data.
- You can get a discount plan when you add a line,
- You can get a free or highly discounted 5G mobile phone from reputable brands. However, you cannot get a free iPhone when you switch to Metro Pcs, but you can enjoy huge discounts on Apple products.
How to switch from another Carrier to Metro Pcs to become an existing customer
It is simple to switch from another carrier to become a Metro Pcs existing customer. All you need is to follow the steps below.
- If you wish to bring your phone to Metro Pcs, ensure the device is unlocked and compatible with Metro. Check the compatibility of your devices at their website.
- Choose a Metro by T-Mobile cell phone plan,
- Purchase either a Metro SIM card if you wish to use your device or a new cell phone from Metro. Always buy your phone in-store as most free and discounted deals on phones are in-store deals only.
- You can activate the SIM card and port the number by yourself online. If you are at a Metro store, ask one staff to activate your device and SIM card. The staff can handle the number porting process if you wish to keep your existing number.
- Finally, insert the Metro SIM card into your phone and enjoy the Metro Pcs’ services to become an existing customer.
How to Activate Metro Pcs Phone After Upgrading
After upgrading your phone, you will require to activate your device, regardless of whether you purchased your compatible device or bought a new one from Metro Pcs. To activate your Metro device after upgrading, follow the steps below.
- Prepare your device and your SIM card. Find the phone’s IMEI by dialing *#06# or finding your phone’s settings or the label under the battery. Ensure to also get a Metro SIM card.
- Pick a plan. Browse through Metro’s plan online and choose the one you were initially in with your old device. If you wish to upgrade to another plan, choose the one that fits your needs.
- Provide your information like your name, contact info, and email address that is not associated with your Metro account.
- Visit metro by-mobile.com/self-service/activate and press “Activate your device’’. Follow the on-screen prompts, and you will activate your phone within minutes.
You can also activate your device and SIM card by calling 1-888-8-METRO8 or visiting a Metro store.
What are the best Metro Pcs phones you can upgrade to?
Most phones, including iPhones, Android phones, and Windows phones with GSM bands, support 4G LTE and 5G networks and are unlocked and compatible with Metro by T-Mobile. Some Metro Pcs compatible phones include;
- Samsung Galaxy A52 5G, Samsung Galaxy A12, and other Samsung Galaxy models
- iPhone 12 models
- iPhone 13 models
- Motorola moto g play, moto g power, moto g pure, and other Motorola models
- OnePlus Nord N10 5G, OnePlus Nord N100, and other OnePlus phones
- T-Mobile REVVL V
- Nokia X100, and many other brands.
How to Bring Your Own Phone to Metro by T-Mobile
It is pretty easy to bring your phone to Metro Pcs, as outlined in the steps below.
- Ensure the phone you plan to bring is unlocked and compatible with the T-Mobile network. To ensure it is unlocked, you can call your current carrier. Verify the phone’s compatibility at Metro by T-Mobile website.
- Get a Metro SIM card from their in-store.
- Make the switch by activating your phone online
- Choose a plan that best fits your needs
Does Metro Pcs offer government phones
Metro Pcs does not have a lifeline or EBB program. It implies it may not offer government phones on its own. However, its owner, T-Mobile, offers EBB and Lifeline Assistance programs for eligible customers. You can get a free government phone from Metro Pcs through T-Mobile.
Are Metro Pcs Free Phones Free
The free depends on the phone. Some devices are free, while others have huge discounts. Moreover, getting a free phone needs you to become a Metro customer. As their customer, you get one of their most costly plans and even bring an eligible trade-in phone and pay some money. Note that you will also need to pay taxes.
Can Metro Pcs existing customers purchase the $5 value bundle
If you are an existing Metro Pcs customer, you can buy the Metro Pcs $5 value bundle. You must convert to another standard rate plan to purchase the value bundle.
Can changes in the service plan of an existing Metro Pcs 4G LTE customer affect the current service?
The current Metro 4G LTE will not have any of your existing Metro Pcs services. You are all required to maintain the existing service plan. But if you intend to switch plans, you can pick a new 4G LTE service plan.
Metro Pcs has a wide range of branded phones from reputable and trusted phone manufacturers like Apple, LG, Motorola, and Samsung. In addition, all Metro plans for existing customers are compatible with all GSM and unlocked devices.
However, the company doesn’t have phone payment plans. Metro by T-Mobile offers different plans from unlimited talk and text without data to a fast and reliable unlimited mobile data plan. You can transform any into a family plan of up to five lines despite the plan you opt for.
- Why Metro Pcs as your Service provider
- i) Strong Networks
- ii) Wide coverage
- iii) Numerous retail stores
- vi) BYOP program
- vi) Prepaid Carrier
- What are the Metro Pcs phone deals for their existing customers
- What deals does Metro Pcs have right now for existing customers?
- Can Metro Pcs existing customers enjoy T-Mobile Tuesdays?
- Why you should Switch to Metro Pcs and become an existing customer
- How to switch from another Carrier to Metro Pcs to become an existing customer
- How to Activate Metro Pcs Phone After Upgrading
- What are the best Metro Pcs phones you can upgrade to?
- How to Bring Your Own Phone to Metro by T-Mobile
- Does Metro Pcs offer government phones
- Are Metro Pcs Free Phones Free
- Can Metro Pcs existing customers purchase the $5 value bundle
- Can changes in the service plan of an existing Metro Pcs 4G LTE customer affect the current service?
- Bottom Line