Cricket Wireless provides a diversified collection of smartphones, with some of these cell phones being cheap while others are costly. However, cell phones are for every shopper category, and if the Device is too costly for you, this carrier has progressive leasing payment plans. This payment method allows you to own a phone outright and pay later in monthly installments. Besides, the Cricket compatible phones come from the best manufacturers like Apple and Samsung.
Most importantly, Cricket Wireless is a mobile virtual network operator that uses AT&T wireless service. It was launched in 1999, and it has since, to date, served millions of subscribers both nationally and internationally. Above all, it provides decent selections of affordable plans and mobile phones, including the free government phone, with no annual contracts, no credit checks, and no upfront fee.
On the other hand, Cricket Wireless operates with several cell phones from well-known brands from the world’s best manufacturers. There is a long list of Cricket-compatible phones’ flagships, mid-range, and budget options for easy selection. Moreover, Cricket Wireless lets you keep your old phone and activate it using the BYOP program. Alternatively, if you’re not interested in bringing your current phone, you can purchase a new device.
Cricket Wireless Phone Selection
The selection range from iPhones to flip phones, and you can get your favorite phone model among the selection of best deals on cell phones right now available. However, Cricket provides new and pre-owned Android and iOS-powered smartphones, such as the Apple iPhone, Motorola Moto series, and Samsung Galaxy phones.
Moreover, among the basic phones, you’ll find models from Nokia and Alcatel that are much more budget-friendly. Notably, ensure that your Device and monthly plans are compatible when shopping. It makes no sense to get an expensive smartphone on the talk and text plan, and on the other hand, it would be useless getting an unlimited data plan with a primary flip phone.
Cricket Wireless 5G Compatible Phones
Cricket Wireless provides affordable Cricket Wireless Plans, plus a limited selection of phones you can either buy by walking into a qualified retail store, online store, or shopping online at the Cricket website.
The best Cricket phones are budget and mid-range smartphones, but there are a select few flagships. Notably, any device that operates on AT&T or T-Mobile will also function on Cricket Wireless.
The 5G network is the fifth generation in wireless technology that proves to be a more responsive, faster, and highly reliable network in the future. However, this innovation features new 5G compatible devices, which require a compatible 5G phone and plan. The 5G Cricket compatible phones include:
- Apple iPhone 12
- Apple iPhone 12 mini
- Apple iPhone 12 Pro
- Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Apple iPhone 13
- Apple iPhone 13 mini
- Apple iPhone 13 Pro
- Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max
- Cricket Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
- Cricket Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G
- Cricket Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
- Cricket Samsung Galaxy A51 5G
- Cricket Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
- Cricket Dream 5G
- LG K92™ 5G
- Motorola Moto 5G Stylus
- Motorola Moto One 5G
Are Cricket Wireless Compatible Phones Unlocked
Cricket Wireless phones come locked to Cricket Wireless services, and if you wish to transfer it to another wireless carrier, you can request Cricket to unlock your phone. However, this company can unlock your device after it meets all the requirements listed below.
- Cell phone must have been active for at least six months of paid service
- Cell phone designed for use on and is locked to Cricket’s network
- The cell phone has not been flagged or reported as stolen or lost
- The cell phone is not associated with a fraudulent account or activity
Types Of Cell Phone Plans That Cricket Wireless Provide
Cricket provides a plethora of plan options, from the most budget-friendly plans to unlimited plan options for internet enthusiasts. However, the basic categories of Cricket Wireless cell phone plan options include:
- Talk-and-text-only plans with no data
- Hybrid talk, text, and data plans
- Shared family plans
Moreover, all Cricket phone plans are prepaid, no-contract monthly plans, and each of the features:
- WiFi access
- Unlimited voice and text messages plus voicemail
- Caller ID and call waiting services
- If your plan includes data that support a smartphone, you also receive unlimited video and photo messages.
Most importantly, you can sign in to My Account online or myCricket to switch your plan. If you don’t bear a username and password, you can create one using your Cricket phone number in a few minutes.
Cricket Wireless BYOP Compatibility
If you want to switch to Cricket and you don’t want to leave behind your current phone, you can bring the phone you love to Cricket and stand a chance to win a free iPhone when you switch. However, not all bring your own Device (BYOD) devices will operate on Cricket’s network. It is crucial to check your BYOD device’s compatibility on the Cricket website before the switch.
The best way to check whether your BYOD is compatible with the Cricket Network before activating the service is to check your Device ID (IMEI). Your Device must be unlocked to work on the Cricket network, and if it isn’t already unlocked, your previous wireless carrier will unlock it for you if you meet their cell unlock policies.
Steps to Bring Your Own Phone To Cricket
- Ensure your phone is unlocked.
- Confirm to see if your phone is compatible (use Cricket IMEI checker).
- Buy a Cricket SIM card, plus one month of service. You can also port in your current wireless number.
- When your Sim Kit arrives, insert your SIM card into your phone.
- Go to cricketwireless.com/activate to activate your service, and enjoy Cricket’s excellent services.
Interestingly, Cricket Wireless is a top-rated and reliable mobile virtual network operator that offers impressive cell phones and plans. This carrier brings more value with Cricket-compatible phones that cut across all price points.
You can also bring your cell phone from another carrier and use it on the Cricket network, provided it’s unlocked and compatible. Cricket Wireless offers a friendly wireless experience using the AT&T reliable nationwide 4G LTE and 5G network covering more than 99% of Americans.
- Cricket Wireless Phone Selection
- Cricket Wireless 5G Compatible Phones
- 1) Apple
- 2) Samsung
- 3) Cricket
- 4) LG
- 5) Motorola
- Are Cricket Wireless Compatible Phones Unlocked
- Types Of Cell Phone Plans That Cricket Wireless Provide
- Cricket Wireless BYOP Compatibility
- Steps to Bring Your Own Phone To Cricket
- Summing Up