Boost Mobile is a popular wireless service provider in the United States owned by Dish Wireless. This carrier does not have its own network towers; hence it operates as a Mobile Virtual Network Operator. It is known to provide cheap and affordable wireless services, including unlimited and limited cell phone plans involving unlimited data, talk, and text. This article elaborates on Boost Mobile plans with free phones and other related services.
Boost Mobile is quite a reliable provider and has everything you need in a wireless provider. The carrier has hence attracted several residents who are switching to it. Switching to Boost Mobile is a straightforward procedure for any interested customer. You can join with your current phone as the carrier has the Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) program. You only need to ensure the phone you wish to switch with meets the required standards for this program.
The carrier offers some plans with free phones where these free phones help the customers save more on their bills. Notably, its plans require no service contracts when acquiring one. The carrier also has the latest quality phones that it sells at discounted prices. You can also add the various additional features that Boost Mobile offers to your phone plan. Let’s know more about these Boost Mobile plans with free phones that you can acquire.
How does Boost Mobile operate
As stated above, Boost Mobile is an MVNO. Does this bring us to the question, what network does Boost Mobile use? This carrier uses T-Mobile’s GSM network to offer its services. Notably, T-Mobile is a primary network provider in the US. Therefore, Boost Mobile customers enjoy the same nationwide coverage as T-Mobile since T-Mobile reaches over 99% of the US landmass.
Before T-Mobile, Boost Mobile used to operate using Sprint network towers. Sprint uses CDMA technology. However, in 2020, Sprint merged with T-Mobile, and hence Boost Mobile switched from the CDMA to the current GSM network. It favors most users as most networks and phone companies opt for more reliable GSM technology.
What phones work well on Boost Mobile
Since Boost Mobile is a GSM provider, any phone compatible with GSM technology can operate well with Boost. However, the phone has to be unlocked to operate in a new carrier, Boost Mobile, in this case. To unlock a phone means it should not be tied to its previous carrier, any financing agreement, or contract. The unlocked phone gives you the flexibility to change a plan or even carriers any time you want in the future.
You should contact your previous carrier to request them to unlock your phone if it is still locked. To check if your phone is compatible with Boost Mobile, visit the carrier’s official website and enter your phone’s IMEI number using their IMEI checker tool.
The best Boost Mobile plans with free phones
Boost Mobile offers several phone plans to its customers where at times, you can get a phone plan with a free phone. The best plans that Boost Mobile offer with free phones currently are the free phone when you switch deal.
New customers get free android phones after joining the network, although most are limited-time offers. To get the free phones, you can either port your number to Boost Mobile or add a new line to a plan which is already existing. You can choose from the following list:
- Alcatel OneTouch Elevate
- Motorola Moto E
- LG Tribute
- LG Tribute 2
- ZTE speed
It would help if you considered checking these phones from the website as they are limited-time offers. Other deals that you phone almost for free are the discounted phone deals offered by Boost Mobile.
Boost Mobile phone deals
As stated above, this carrier offers several discounted phones among the Boost Mobile deals for existing customers. These help customers save a lot when acquiring new devices. Some of these deals are:
i) Android devices
- Samsung Galaxy A53 5G: this phone is sold with a discount of $250, and you can purchase it for $199.99.
- Samsung Galaxy A13 5G sold for $170 off at $79.99.
- SAMSUNG Galaxy A12 sold with $110 off at $69.99.
- Samsung Galaxy sold A32 5G with $130 off at $149.99.
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G sold with $300 off at $399.99.
- Samsung Galaxy A03s sold for $60 off at $59.99.
- Samsung Galaxy A71 5G sold for $180 off at $249.99.
- Samsung Galaxy S22 sold with up to a discount of $300.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G sold with $400 off at $1399.99
- Motorola G Pure sold with $70 off at $59.99.
- Motorola G power sold with $70 off at $99.99.
- Motorola G Stylus 5G: it costs $129.99. Hence you can save $120.
- TCL 20 XE sold with $70 off at $49.99.
- TCL Flip sold with 430 off at $29.99.
- Celero 5G sold with $200 off at $79.99.
- Apple iPhone 11 costs $349.99-$449.9; hence you can save $300.
- Apple iPhone SE 2nd Generation sold with $200 off at $199.99-$549.99.
- Apple iPhone SE sold with a discount of up to $50, from $379.99-$579.99.
- Apple iPhone 12 with a discount of up to $100, and it is sold from $629.99-$829.99.
- Apple iPhone Xs sold for $100 off at $799.99.
- Apple iPhone XR Renewed sold with $50 off at $299.99.
Boost Mobile phone plans cost
Boost Mobile offers three limited plans and two unlimited plans. The cheapest limited plan is the $15/month plan with 2GB of mobile data. The other one is the $25/month plan that includes 5GB of 4G/5G mobile data and the $35/month plan with 10GB of mobile data. All the limited plans include unlimited talk and text and a mobile hotspot.
The unlimited data plans include the $50/month plan with 35GB of unlimited data, unlimited calling and texting, and 12GB of mobile hotspot data. Boost Mobile’s customers can add an extra line to this plan for 30/month. The other is the $60/month plan, with 35GB of regular unlimited data and 30 GB of mobile hotspot data. The plan also includes unlimited calling and texting, and you can add an extra line to this plan at the cost of $40.
The available Boost Mobile optional features for these plans
Boost Mobile offers several add-on options. Customers can add these items to their plan for an additional price, even if they aren’t essential. They include:
- HD BuyUp: For $10 per month, you may add HD streaming to your account.
- Secure WiFi: For $2 per month, protect your phone when connecting to WiFi.
- Boost Shield: For $7 per month, protect your phone from loss, theft, or damage.
- International calling and texting: Phone Mexico or other international countries for $5 to $10 a month.
- K Health: For $7.99 per month, you can get telemedicine on your phone.
- Extra data packs are available for $5 for 1 GB and $10 for 2 GB.
- For an extra $5.99 per month, you can protect any sensitive information on your phone with Privacy Premium.
- Visual Voicemail: You can add visual voicemail to your service for $.50 to $2.99 per month.
Boost Mobile is an American Mobile Virtual Network Operator that operates using T-Mobile’s GSM network. The carrier offers its wireless services, which are much more affordable. It has various cheap phone plans, and you can get a Boost Mobile plan with free phones, as explained above in this article. You can also purchase among the quality Boost Mobile phones available on its website if you don’t wish to bring your current device to the network.