Proper Instructions To Get Assurance Wireless Government Phone
Assurance Wireless began as a subsidiary of Virgin Mobile USA and has become the most popular Lifeline program provider in the US over the years. Today it serves its eligible customers with assurance wireless government phone, in addition to a free monthly minute and text plan in over 40 states. However, the list is growing to target millions of subscribers and more states. This carrier has excellent coverage and services to ensure customers do not switch their Lifeline contract.
Moreover, Assurance Wireless refers to a federal Lifeline Assistance program, which is a government assistance program. This program mandate is to help individuals who qualify based on federal-specific eligibility criteria. Assurance Wireless, together with the US government, offers eligible low-income households with free unlimited texting, monthly data, and free monthly minutes. Besides, the Lifeline Assistance program applies to only one wireless or wireline account in every household.
On the other hand, eligibility for a free government phone differs by state. You may qualify for Assurance Wireless if you are enrolled in a government-aided program or may also qualify if your gross household income matches the government guidelines in your state. Notably, Assurance Wireless offers an EBB program that helps eligible customers with wireless services during the ongoing pandemic. You can qualify with the exact requirements of the Lifeline Program.
Qualification For Assurance Wireless Free Phone Through Lifeline Program
Assurance Wireless is a government-sponsored program supported by the Federal Universal Service Fund.
Enrollment for the program is available to individuals who qualify following the federal or state-specific eligibility criteria. You may qualify under the eligibility requirement on your household income, or if you are a member of specified public assistance programs such as:
Most importantly, the Lifeline Assistance program is applicable for only one wireless account per household. However, separate households that reside at the same address are eligible, such as nursing homes and homeless shelters, and; residents with temporary addresses are also eligible.
- Supplemental Security Income
- Food Stamps or SNAP /CalFresh
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Head Start
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
Assurance Wireless Bundled Plans
Suppose you want to continue getting free Lifeline service with your Assurance Wireless compatible phones. In that case, you must certify and complete re-verification every year to confirm you still qualify for Federal Lifeline assistance. However, if you require more minutes, you may purchase additional 250 voice minutes for $5, plus additional voice minutes for $10 each, or select from any of the low-cost plans below.
The following are the bundled plans for smartphone customers:
- $15 Plan – Unlimited Texts, Unlimited Voice Minutes, and an additional 500MB Data each month.
- $20 Plan – Unlimited Texts, Unlimited Voice Minutes, and an additional 1GB of data each month.
- $30 Plan – Unlimited Texts, Unlimited Voice Minutes, and an additional 4GB of data each month.
- $40 Plan – Unlimited Voice Minutes, Unlimited Texts, and an additional 10GB of data each month.
Application For Assurance Wireless Free Phone
Go to Assurance Wireless to begin an application process and be an Assurance Wireless customer. You can also initiate the process by calling customer service at 1-888-321-5880.
Follow the steps below to receive a free phone from Assurance Wireless –
Step 1: Open the URL of Lifeline qualification in the Assurance Wireless website.
Step 2: Peruse through the page and ensure the program is available in your state.
Step 3: Confirm the state-specific criteria in the section ‘What State Do You Live In?’.
Step 4: In the ‘See If You Qualify Today’ section, click ‘Apply Now’.
Step 5: A pop-up screen will surface, and you will have to enter your ZIP code.
Step 6: Immediately you submit the ZIP code, you will get redirected to your state’s Assurance Wireless Lifeline program. In that section, you will see your state’s Lifeline offer (the number of free minutes and data you will get), in addition to other state-specific details.
Step 7: Click the ‘Apply Now’ option, and you will get redirected to the official form.
Step 8: Give all the required information, follow the prompts, and complete applying for the program. After you submit your application, Assurance Wireless will review your application and notify you whether or not you qualify promptly. If you qualify, you can get all the Assurance Wireless services and products in a few minutes.
Documents That You Need To Apply
During the application process, you will require to avail of some documents to confirm your Lifeline eligibility. However, the actual documents you may have depend on your eligibility criteria.
You may prove your eligibility through any of the below documents based on your qualification criteria:
- An official document that indicates that you are currently unemployed. For instance, Unemployment Benefits Letter.
- An official document that shows your participation in a government qualifying assistance program, for instance, an approval letter, benefit award letter, and benefits verification letter, among others, if you qualify based on participation in an assistance program.
- If you qualify based on income eligibility, you will require to submit:
- A copy of your social security benefits statement
- Divorce decree or child support document
- Last year’s state or federal income tax return
- Three consecutive months’ worth of your most current pay stubs, veterans administration benefits statement,
- Unemployment/workers compensation benefits statement.
- Retirement/pension benefits statement.
You May Also Be Required To Provide
- Identity verification document includes a state ID, US driver’s license, SSN, passport, etc.)
- Address documentation and duplicate address
- An official document indicating that you are either 18 years old or an emancipated minor
- An official document proving substantial loss of income
Restrictions for Assurance Wireless Lifeline Program
However, the Assurance Wireless Lifeline program comes with a set of rules and restrictions that include:
- You can only get free Assurance Wireless services and a free smartphone if you are Lifeline-eligible.
- You can only have one Lifeline benefit per household, and it is non-transferable.
- Assurance Wireless chooses the exact model of the free smartphone you will get depending on the state and availability. However, you may receive a new, pre-owned, or refurbished mid-range android smartphone.
- Local phone numbers may be unavailable in specific markets.
- Additional fees apply for equipment change requests.
- Devices can get returned within seven days.
Assurance Wireless Phone Activation Process
Assurance Wireless new and replacement phone activation process is the same. If you want to activate your Assurance Wireless replacement phone, you have to follow the steps below.
- Long press the Power button to switch off your phone. Enable hands-free activation to connect the phone to the Assurance Wireless network and leave the device to check for updates. The phone will switch off.
- Switch the device back on, and after you do so, it may ask you to customize your phone. You may have to skip the setup screen and first finish step 3.
- Dial 611 and follow the on-screen provided instructions.
- During the process, you will sometimes be asked to submit your Assurance Wireless account PIN. You can find it at the top of the Assurance Wireless approval letter. Once you get it, submit it.
- This procedure will activate your replacement phone and both your phone number and account balance transfers to the phone. Meanwhile, leave your phone to finish all the updates, and you are good to go.
Assurance Wireless offers eligible consumers free government phones, free monthly minutes, monthly data, plus unlimited texting. You may qualify for the Assurance wireless lifeline program if you qualify based on the listed eligibility requirements. However, if your income level matches the state poverty guidelines, or you participate in a government-aided program, you may qualify.
- Qualification For Assurance Wireless Free Phone Through Lifeline Program
- Assurance Wireless Bundled Plans
- Application For Assurance Wireless Free Phone
- Documents That You Need To Apply
- You May Also Be Required To Provide
- Restrictions for Assurance Wireless Lifeline Program
- Assurance Wireless Phone Activation Process
- Bottom Line